The Lakers will still win in 6, but it's pretty hilarious how their fans react after what I thought was a straightforward loss. The Lakers came out cold and stayed cold, that happens when you don't play for a week. Derek Fisher is old now, and he is slow, and he can't hit anything but a 27ft 3-pointer. Gasol got out hustled by a 6 foot point guard to get a crucial ball and possession in the fourth quarter. Gasol played timid and was destroyed in the post. The two Laker big men fronted Yao all night and got abused, you can't guard Yao like that. He can do everything from sink the 22 footer or make a hugely aggressive move to the basket with two defenders on his back. Kobe was sick yes, but for a while there he scored 12 straight points.
I am hearing defensive Laker fans that have to make excuses for why they lost. I am hearing that the Rockets were lucky. I am hearing comparisons between Yao's injury and Paul Pierce's. I am hearing people in denial. I mean I know I hate the Lakers, but at least I give some realistic basketball fan feedback on why they might have lost, and I don't blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-referees.
I know, I know the Spurs are home. I know the Spurs aren't playing. They are old, and got beat bad. However I LOVE these responses as it shows the mindset of a typical Laker fan and it totally dodges the issue at hand, which is a Laker team that got out played, out hustled, well defended and BEAT at HOME.
Game 2, Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment