What I learned: I want to do more off-camera lighting. In this picture I had two light sources 1) the on-camera flash and 2) my 580EX II flash that was acting as a slave to the camera. I placed the 580EX II directly perpendicular to the wheel and where my camera was. I then turned off all of the lights in the garage. I used the 7D's auto focus assist beam to fire off bursts of flash so I could focus on the wheel. I then shot a couple pictures to gauge the exposure I would need. Afterwards during post processing I desaturated some of the wheel and masked off the centercap, to retain the super high contrast between the bright red centercap and the very cold desaturized wheel.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Ben is Project Fifty: #3 of 50
#3 of 50: Shoe-off
What I learned: I want to do more off-camera lighting. In this picture I had two light sources 1) the on-camera flash and 2) my 580EX II flash that was acting as a slave to the camera. I placed the 580EX II directly perpendicular to the wheel and where my camera was. I then turned off all of the lights in the garage. I used the 7D's auto focus assist beam to fire off bursts of flash so I could focus on the wheel. I then shot a couple pictures to gauge the exposure I would need. Afterwards during post processing I desaturated some of the wheel and masked off the centercap, to retain the super high contrast between the bright red centercap and the very cold desaturized wheel.

What I learned: I want to do more off-camera lighting. In this picture I had two light sources 1) the on-camera flash and 2) my 580EX II flash that was acting as a slave to the camera. I placed the 580EX II directly perpendicular to the wheel and where my camera was. I then turned off all of the lights in the garage. I used the 7D's auto focus assist beam to fire off bursts of flash so I could focus on the wheel. I then shot a couple pictures to gauge the exposure I would need. Afterwards during post processing I desaturated some of the wheel and masked off the centercap, to retain the super high contrast between the bright red centercap and the very cold desaturized wheel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(259)
-
▼
November
(22)
- Ben is Project Fifty: #5 of 50
- Ben is full of turkey.
- Ben is Project Fifty: #4 of 50
- Ben is a fan of the new 5.
- Ben is not saying anything.
- Ben is Project Fifty: #3 of 50
- Ben is Project Fifty: #2 of 50.
- Ben is Project Fifty.
- Ben is drinking beer out of a bong looking thing.
- Ben is a fan of "Hypercoppin' Tuesdays"
- Ben is celebrating Neil Fernandez Day!
- Ben is shotgunning.
- Ben is watching history unfolding.
- Ben is payin' Dwyane Wade!
- Ben is a hypebeast.
- Ben is extreme.
- Ben is Awakened.
- Ben is a proud grandson!
- Ben is a Stoner.
- Ben is amber.
- Ben is on dubs!
- Ben is trick or treating!
-
▼
November
(22)
No comments:
Post a Comment