Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ben is reviewing The House

The House

http://www.thehse.com/


Grace had mentioned that she was in love with a Chilean Sea Bass dish she had at a restaurant called The House in North Beach. Jeffrey and I had arranged a date (yes homo) and wanted to bring our lovely GFs along. Grace made reservations at The House so I could sample some of this fish that made her so happy.

We walked down Grant Street from Jeff and Crystal's apartment near Coit Tower. The restaurant looked very unassuming from the streetfront, and walking in it was apparent that the establishment was popular as every seat was taken. We were shuttled to the very back of the restaurant, which kind of off put the ladies due to the heat of the location. Eventually we acclimated to our surroundings and were ready for the meal.

I started off with the grilled Unagi. Unagi is eel, this made Grace squeal. Hah. It was delicous, only Jeff and I ate it though. It is a shame that eel has such a bad reputation due to it's snakelike appearance, it was really really really good.

Three of us got the Chilean Sea Bass. The piece of fish is GIGANTIC, it is served with garlic noodles and string beans. A very flavorful (read: SALTY) soy sauce based dipping sauce is also included. I must say that this is probably the best fish I have consumed, it was not fishy in flavor, it was filling and the seared exterior added a very intersting texture to the dish. The fish was very moist and the noodles helped. The meal was $24 but was worth it, I loved the fish and I will come back again.



I would recommed this place fully, except for the fact that a beer is $8!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San DIego, California